Monday, May 18, 2009

Playing House


We are moved into our lovely flat! Thanks to the help of great friends, we had all of our belongings out of our old apartment and into our new one within 24 hours, which left us plenty of time to clean our old place. Luckily, someone new wanted to move into that flat the day after we moved out, so we got half a month's rent back - bonus!

The new place is fantastic - no one's lived in our unit before, and we love having a real television and comfortable furniture again. One thing I've notice right away is how quiet the place is, since we are directly in the middle of two busy streets, rather than right on one as we were before. I actually heard a bird chirp yesterday, and it stopped me in my tracks ...

Here's a few more photos .. the kitchen:

Bedroom:
Living room/my office, which opens into the kitchen:




Besides moving, one really fun thing I did last week was attend a concert on one of Budpest's trams, fittingly called the "Tram Jam." It was organized by an alternative country band, the Last Drops, who always satiate my country/folk cravings. The aim of this event to film a music video, so the band asked everyone to show up in '70s clothes and "randomly" hop on the same tram and jive all the way down to their venue. (They wanted it to be random so it was a slightly less illegal gathering.) I was amazed by the hundreds of people who showed up and by our ability to cram into a tiny tram car. Here are photos of the event. You can't see me, because I'm squished in the back with other revelers.

And here is the group walking to their venue after the tram jam, past the beautiful market hall.

1 comment:

The Swan said...

Very nice post... your new apt looks quite nice!

Seeing Michael this weekend was cool, but seeing the both of you in August will be WAY better.

Eagerly waiting your next post :)